lundi 29 septembre 2008

All bets are off

OK, are you seeing this? I'm sad, I like to check the stock figures every now and then - ok most days. Usually little happens, but today obviously, things are afoot. Jusr checked the Dow and as I was logging in it had fallen by 350 points and I've just checked now five minutes later and it had fallen by another 100 points. Over at http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ for today, they're creaming themselves. Huge capital letters "Bailout defeated" but 'they' surely can't let this happen? A bank contagion is how they're calling it over here on Channel 2 news in France, but they're trying to make out that France is somehow immune. Doubtful.

It's when capitulation sets in that things will get interesting. . .

It's funny how over the weekend all media nozzles were 'reassuring' us that the measure would get passed and all would be well. That report (below) was correct - the media is all about the management of feelings. Well, I'm feeling pretty happy atm for the next ten minutes or so whilst I have a right good laugh about all this.

It's ben confirmed on French news that the bil has been defeated. But they'll get round it I guess.