dimanche 12 octobre 2008

Blow job

I was permenantly removed from the Comment is Free section of the Guardian a few years ago. I was reading a piece by Martin Kettle that eulogized Tony Blair so much that it was embarassing. In it, he mentioned something about Monica Lewinsky (where is she now when her country needs her?) famous for assuming the position for the then president Clinton ( anag. onnclit). I was in a rush and my response wasn't exactly Oscar Wilde like in it satire. I said "Talking of Monica Lewinsky, this was a real blowjob of a piece." , meaning, 'This article was a little too much in support of the Prime Minister. So sychophantic indeed, was it that it was nigh analogous to the writer giving oral pleasure to the object of the writing viz The democratically elected Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.'



I noticed later that it had been removed. But also that I had been expelled. Thus banished, I cannot respond in kind to the truly awful puff piece by Jack Ashley in today's Pravdian. "Brown is standing tall....come the time come the man....unity....renewal.... " etc. He even mentioned the possibility (first mooted here, see below 'Worst case scenarios') of Blair being drafted into a national government of unity.

If there are people in the elites talking about that kind of farcical possibility, then things really are turning arse end up.

In the meantime - can someone go onto the Guardian Comment is Free site and tell Jack Ashley to feck off or something?