mercredi 19 novembre 2008

Language and exclusion

It can't be a coincidence that the British (and the European I guess) who move abroad are termed 'ex-pats', whilst people fleeing persecution, economic despair and war who end up in the UK are called 'immigrants'.

Next time you see the word 'immigrant', subsitute it with 'ex-pat'. Suddenly, the individual is reconceived.